With the recent launch of Facebook data in the United Kingdom, we hit the road, traveling to London and joining forces with Mintel to share never before seen insights about the top advertisers on Facebook. During our session, we took a deep dive into how the UK's top Facebook advertisers are spending, what they're saying in their ads, and who they're targeting.
Paid-advertising on Facebook is a booming business in the UK. In fact,
- Consumer behavior has shifted to social: 100% of digital consumers in the UK are using social media
- Ad Budgets are continuing to shift to Facebook: 25% of total digital ad spend in the UK is spent on Facebook
- Mobile is king for Facebook: over 92% of Facebook's UK advertising revenue comes from mobile
During our session with Mintel, we analyzed top advertisers' creative strategies, spend, impressions, messaging, regional targeting, and more to see how they stack up against each other. Here's a preview of what we found:
- Highest spend categories are Retail and Food & Drink
- Average weekly spend: £35K per week
- Link posts are still dominant--used in over 129k creatives
Want to learn more? Get the full report.
A self-proclaimed "data hound," Gabe Gottlieb earned his stripes leading software teams at Microsoft. Gabe saw a pervasive problem with the lack of openness in the digital advertising world and decided to join forces with Tom Lorimor to level the playing field. Now, five patents later, the Co-Founder and CEO of Pathmatics is leading the movement for transparency in advertising. Gabe holds dual degrees, in Engineering and Finance, from the University of Pennsylvania and the Wharton School of Business.