While initially we look at the Super Bowl from an advertising perspective, keep in mind the role these spikes have on publishers. What effect does this have on their performance?
Publishers should ask themselves these questions before any major event (Super Bowl Edition):
- What are the major advertisers buying online leading up to Super Bowl Sunday?
- primarily CPG, Retail and Cloud Services (think Wix.com this year)
- What is the primary audience on my site? Will they be targeted for these types of advertisers?
- Do I have direct relationships with these major brands, do they historically buy direct to publisher?
- Do my ad service (SSP, Network) partners have relationships with these brands?
Based on these questions, and looking at the historical data surrounding the answers, publishers will have an opportunity to improve negotiation power and ad revenues during major events like the Super Bowl. Think of it as studying your competition's game tape before the big game.
For more historical data on any Advertiser or Publisher check out our AdRoutes tool.
A lover of fresh air, live music, sport & high performing teams. After the University of Colorado @ Boulder, Sam began his career improving the relationship between major digital advertisers & independent publishers. Currently Sam leads the Operations and Sales Development teams @ Pathmatics with a focus on pipeline growth, process optimization & market strategy.